Saturday, March 22, 2008

Gratitude...


Well, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself last night and this morning. My Gentlemen Bears were ousted in the first round of the NCAA Tourney. I spent 3 hours in the dentist chair yesterday afternoon, (lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon) and my mouth is extremely sore.
Then today, I found out a couple things that have helped me have a little perspective.
A friend was riding his kids scooter last night. He now has a broken arm related to said scooter adventure.
But the worst I just found out. My daughter's best friend has a dad that is really into motorcycles. Last night while riding, he was hit by a car and had his leg severed. As in crushed, and fell off. Think lots of blood here. If you are the praying type, say a few for him please.
As for me, I have nothing to whine about. A couple Alleve will cure all my ills today, and I have no casts, and all my limbs. I am thankful.
Happy Easter!!!

No comments: