Tuesday, December 4, 2007

SI's Sportsman or Sportsthings(?) of the Year

While surfing the Land Thieves website yesterday, I stumbled upon a section, much like the one to your right, that contained links to websites the author likes to visit. One of those sites is Sports Pickle. They are a satire website, much like Bearmeat or Land Thieves. I have been a fan of Mad Magazine since I was a child. Satire just fits my personality I guess, and I still love it today. So many of the sites I visit are satirical in nature.


But on this day, my sports mind was pointed to a particular story on Sports Pickle that I was thrilled to hear. Beyonce is one of my favorite entertainers. She is a stunning beauty, and quite frankly, I am certain the song Brick House was written about her. (He went forward in time, OK?)




So the story indicates that this year SI announced that the breasts of all thier swimsuit models would be the, and I quote, "Sportsthings of the Year." This is exciting news, in more ways than one, and I was glad to see Beyonce get her deserved recognition, and lets face it, breasts deserve more attention.








You can only imagine my confusion when driving to work this morning I heard on the radio that Brett Favre was named Sportsman of the Year. What the hell?





Now I love Brett Favre and the Packers. And lets face the hard truth here, Donald Driver is the most underrated receiver in the NFL, but come on, Beyonce deserved this one.

2 comments:

HeadThief said...

as an additional public service message, Sportspickle is usually updated twice/week, once on Wednesda for headlines and feaux stories, and Thursday for ponder this.

poopsandwich said...

Thanks for the update Headthief. And, thanks for being my fist official commenter. You have won a set of Ginsu knives! I will let you know as soon as they arrive!