Monday, January 21, 2008

Doom, Despair! and Agony on me!


Did you enjoy those 5 Super Bowl Trophies?
I hope you did! I hope you did!

Its more than just a HeeHaw line. The depression and gloom that hit cowboys fans everywhere was very real. We like us some winnin', and we don't like it when we ain't winnin', especially when we dun wun 13 games in the same year.


Literal depiction of the figurative NFL football storm currently brewing
After my beloved Cowboys lost, I had my hopes on the Packers to set things right in the football world. After the spanking the Pack handed out last week, I expected #25 to run for at least 150 yards. But alas, no running game yesterday!! Instead, we have the lowly New York Giants going to the Super Bowl.



Two of the Packers Superstars!!



I guess we have to give them credit for beating what most agree are the two best teams in the NFC. But lets face it. Eli Manning beating those two teams is just plain weird. But, you have to give the guy credit. He overcame alot of adversity and gayness to get where he is at. I guess some credit needs to go to the coordinators for the Giants. They had great game plans both weeks.

The Giants win-streak is weirder than a one-eyed cat


What we need to know, is who will be the next star quarterback to tear up the NFL? There are several who come to mind. I think Rhett Bomar, pictured below in his OU uniform, has a great chance to be the next star. Can he recover from the negative publicity from the scandal? It will be interesting to see who the next Tom Brady will be.

Will this be the next great NFL quarterback?


So for now, football season comes to a close. Feb 3rd will be here too soon, I will be another year older, and the cycle of life continues. Someday, maybe I will stop having my emotions so supercharged by football. God forbid I should be so passionate about starving kids, or church, or some other very worthy cause. Until then, Sic'em Bears!







No comments: