Thursday, January 10, 2008

How I became "Poopsandwich"

"That Poopsandwich name, thats a little much, aint it boy?"


" I cannot beleive you would select such a disgusting name to be called!"


Well, as is the case so many times, that name has its root in my kids.


To say that a road trip with the entire family is chaos, makes chaos look weak. Its a non-stop barrage of "i'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I need to tinkle," and "(you insert your own whiney turd comment here.)"


Somewhere between Waco and Hillsboro, after 30 straight minutes of whining about stopping at "Lone Star Cafe" in Hillsboro, and then the subsequent denial of such, it became too much.


My next to youngest, G for short, has the temperament of a boxer. She is friendly and basically sweet, but if you poke her with a stick, you will regret it very soon after. After the non-stop at Lone Star Cafe, she demanded a sandwich. At which point, I told her, "well how about a poopsandwich?" "Cause you can poop in one hand, and whine about a sandwich in the other, and see which one gets full faster!" (Good Lord people! Its an hour and 45 minutes to Waco! You are not going to starve!)

G if she was a guy

At the moment I issued the "poopsandwich" comment, the entire car erupted in laughter, well the entire care except me. I was still steaming. Oops, bad choice of words.


So to this day, the word poopsandwich is thrown around in various circumstances, usually followed by big belly laughs. The crazy dad makes another memory. So I thought why not...


I just love internet anonymity ;>)

2 comments:

HeadThief said...

Poopsandwich - that's a great story. Also, that men's BB team is looking good.

poopsandwich said...

Thanks Headthief,

I am all about making memories for the kids, even if I didn't plan that one.

Those Bears are looking very good. Lacedarius is a machine! That guy can flat out play. Hopefully they can keep up the good play through Big 12 play...